We Make Money Not Art has a great recap of the “Cartography of Protest and Social Change” panel at the 2008 Conflux festival. The post starts off with a brief summary of the book, An Atlas of Radical Cartography, and then features a nice survey of the work of artist/activists John Emerson, Trevor Paglen, Brooke Singer, and Lize Mogel. Check it out!
- Map Evangelism and Tokyo Topographies
- Cartography of Protest and Social Change
- Rising sea levels will be localized
- Photosynth is… eh
- The geopolitics of Pop vs. Soda
- Uncoordinated: Mapping Cartography in Contemporary Art
- Space Debris Visualizations
- National Map Corps no longer?
- Mastered the Art!
- Symposium Schedule – Saturday, April 5